As the Fediverse has become a little more popular with the recent twitter fiasco, I’ve decided that now would be a good time to create a letstalkradio matrix chat system. Firstly I don’t plan on Mattermost going anywhere so you are welcome to stay. If anything we will probably set up a bridge between the two so messages are sent to both systems.
At the moment these are independent systems so messages on one will not show on the other.
The benefits of Matrix is that you can run your own server (if you wish) and the system supports many 3rd party clients, unlike Mattermost where you’re limited to the single client.
We have the one room at the moment: Teamwave – MX0WVV for testing.
I welcome everyone to create an account and come and try the system, and again this system (Mattermost) is not going anywhere at the moment.
Here are the instructions if you’d like to come along and play:
1) Visit https://app.element.io
2) Click Edit (under the information icon ‘i’)
3) Select “Other homeserver” and insert the URL “https://matrix.letstalkradio.org” and click continue.
4) Now under the Sign in button select “Create account”
5) Enter your desired username
6) Enter a strong password
7) Click Register
8) You’ll now be signed in, if you get a “You’re in” page click “Skip” in the middle of the screen
9) You can then join the Teamwave room “https://matrix.to/#/#admins:matrix.letstalkradio.org”
Following feedback we will then decide whether to bridge the two systems together.